Activate an optimized version of the page designed specifically for screen readers.
The Institute for Integration of Medicine and Science is proud to present the 2017 Community Engagement Symposium,
Promoting Community and Academic Partnerships for Health Equity Research
on Saturday, October 28, 2017 at the Witte Museum.
Together, patients, families, communities, and researchers alike will learn how we can work together to design, implement, and share quality research that has far-reaching effects on important community health outcomes.
We are seeking posters abstracts from individuals who are or would like to be part of a community and academic research partnership. Poster topics are unrestricted; however, they should focus on one of the following two options:
Researcher-led studies for health improvement that build on existing scientific knowledge.
These abstracts should include:
- What is the background and why is your study important? 120 word limit
- How is the study being being conducted? 120 word limit
- What are the results? 120 word limit
- What are the next steps? How could the community help make future related projects better? 120 word limit
Community-partnered projects that address the health concerns of patients, families, and/or health practitioners. These abstracts should include:
- What is the history between the community partners and the researchers of your partnership? 120 word limit
- Why is your project (or partnership) important? 120 word limit
- How does your project (or partnership) work? 120 word limit
- What have been the results of your project (or partnership)? 120 word limit
- What are the next steps for future projects? How will the partnership be maintained? 120 word limit
Charts, graphs, and special characters
are not accepted in this online submission
are due Monday, September 25, 2017.
All presenters must register at
First Author's First Name:
First Author's Last Name:
First Author's Phone #:
First Author's E-mail:
Agency or Organization of First Author:
Add the names of additional poster authors here.
Last name, First Name.
Which of the following best describes your poster abstract?
Basic Laboratory Science
Practice-Centered or Patient-Oriented
Community-Led Research or Assessment
Other (please specify)
Select two categories which best describe the topic of your abstract?
Behavioral and Mental Health
Cardiovascular and Cerebrovascular Disease
Child and Adolescent Health
Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Disease Prevention and Health Promotion
HIV and AIDS
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Intersex
Sexual and Reproductive Health
Social Determinants of Health
Other (please specify)
What type of poster abstract are you submitting?
Option A: Researcher-led study for health improvement that build on existing scientific knowledge.
Option B: Community-partnered project that address the health concerns of patients, families, and/or health practitioners.
Powered by Qualtrics